What Is Milk Powder?
A handy ingredient found in almost all homes, milk powder is the ultimate alternative for fresh milk. This product is regular milk, which people dehydrate by partially removing water. As its ingredients are non-perishable, it significantly reduces the time and cost of transportation. This is a very useful product for people residing in developing countries, temporary shelters, hotels, or even for hikers going on a long trip.
The best milk powder brands in Malaysia and abroad also recommend the use of milk powder in preparation of dishes. In the market, Milk Powder Price is also comparatively lower than the cost of milk.
Types of Milk Powder
People use full cream milk powder in malaysia for numerous purposes; hence they are available in different forms. The different types of milk powder are:
- Milk Powder – The companies makes this Skimmed Milk Powder by using skimmed milk.
- Dry Whole Milk – The companies make this Whole Milk Powder by using whole cream milk.
- Buttermilk Powder– The companies make this Buttermilk Powder with the milk residue from the churning of milk for butter.
What to look for when buying Milk Powder or Dry Milk Ingredients of Milk Powder?
The milk powder is an excellent alternative to fresh milk. The milk companies make it with skimmed milk, whole milk, buttermilk or whey milk. The milk powder ingredients are milk and sugar. This powder is full of nutrients like vitamin A, D, E, K and minerals like magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium. In preparation, process the working team makes sure to not lose beneficial nutrients.
Is Milk Powder Alternative to Regular Milk?
The milk powder is a viable and feasible option for regular pasteurized milk. It has a creamy texture and sweet taste. Also, it comprises most of the nutrients found in milk.
3 Uses of Milk Powder
Some of the common milk powder uses are:
- Use it in making various delicious recipes
- Use it for kitchen hacks.
- Use it for beautification and bodily purposes
What are the Recipes Made with Milk Powder?
Some common and easy milk powder recipes are given below:
Quick vanilla ice-cream
- Take 2 cups of milk, 1 cup milk powder, ½ fresh cream, ½ powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- Mix it in a bowl and put it in a sealed jar. Then, keep it in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
- Take out the jar and put ingredients in a blender. Use it to make a smooth paste.
- Pour it in the jar again and refrigerate again for 4-5 hours. Serve it.
- For the syrup – Take a pan and add 3 cups sugar to it. Heat it on a medium flame for approximately 7-8 minutes and keep stirring. Do this till one string consistency is formed. Add saffron and keep it aside.
- For the Jamun – take 2 cup gulab jamun mawa, ¼ cup maida, 3 tbsp milk powder, and 3 tsp corn flour. Knead it well in a deep bowl and make small balls from it. Make sure it has no cracks.
- Process – Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and deep fry the balls on slow flame till they turn golden brown. Now, dip them in the warm sugar syrup. Soak for an hour and then serve.
- Sieve 1 ¼ cup self-rising flour in a bowl. Add ½ cup milk powder and keep aside.
- Heat some dark chocolate till it completely melts.
- Mix sugar and butter in a bowl. Add condensed milk, vanilla essence, and melted chocolate.
- Add flour-milk powder formula and mix all the ingredients in the dough.
- Cover it properly and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread an Aluminum sheet on a baking tray and scoop out the batter on it.
- Flatten them with the help of a fork and put in the oven.
- Bake it in the oven at 160-degree calcium for 45 minutes.
- Keep aside for cooling.
- Serve it.